I was reading through my previous entries and came across the following numbers

Ewl_Test and opening all test windows
 21727 dsinclai  15   0 68360  15m 4304 S  0.0  1.5   0:09.73 ewl_test

The ewl_filedialog on a directory with 3000 entries
  6871 dsinclai  25   0  115m  63m 4104 S  0.0  6.4   0:04.62 ewl_test

These were from when I did the conversion of the callback chains to be an array. So, I decided to check it out today:

Ewl_Test and opening all test windows
 6157 zero      15   0 24928  18m 5148 S 16.6  1.2   0:09.66 ewl_test

The ewl_filedialog on a directory with 3000 entries
 6130 zero      16   0 22948  16m 4788 S 21.3  1.1   0:04.74 ewl_test

(Looking at the first run, it was done on my amd64 box at work, the 2nd set on my intel box at home, so not sure if that would effect the numbers much or not.)

Your probably looking at the Ewl_Test run and seeing the numbers went up. There are actually more tests in there now. The text editor being one of them. Other tests have had more widgets added to test other things, so it’s actually testing more stuff.

But, if you look at the 3000 entry filedialog, there’s a huge amount of savings in there. With the added benefit that the scrolling is faster. Three cheers for Nathans object cache in EWL.